2. Analyze Vulnerabilities
3. Define Mitigation Strategy
PRIMARY STEPS TO HAZARD MITIGATION
4. Implement Mitigation Projects
UPDATING THE HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN
• Lessens the Impact of Disaster!
• Reduces Reconstruction and Reclamation Efforts and Costs!
• Enables Action to Reduce the Loss of Life and Property!
• Produces Sustainable Benefit to the Community!
IS YOUR COMMUNITY PREPARED?
• Any changes in development?
• What is the status of local mitigation efforts?
• Any change in priorities?
• Any recently exposed post disaster vulnerabilities?